To All Our Patients –
As we continue to communicate with Philips Respironics, we now understand the next step in the recall process. This Emergency Newsletter – Part 3 will overview this process as it is currently understood and will provide you with guidance on the next step in the process.
Note that you must take independent action through the recall process to fulfill repairs or replacements of your affected devices. Quality DME will be here to offer support and guidance as you navigate through the Philips Respironics recall process.
Overview of the Philips Respironics Recall Process:
- As of June 17th, 2021, the Philips Respironics recall online portal (Link Here) is live. Patients must register their devices through this portal to initiate the recall process.
- While registering your device, you will provide Philips Respironics with a preferred contact method, which Philips Respironics will use to communicate your next steps.
- Philips Respironics currently does not offer any timeframe for when the next steps will happen following the initial registration of your device.
- Registered devices will ultimately be repaired or replaced, but it is still unclear how Philips Respironics will decide which solution applies to your case. From what we gather, device repairs will be the most likely course of action for most customers.
- If repaired, Philips Respironics will coordinate the shipment of your affected device to a Certified Repair Service Center. The device is shipped back once the repairs are complete.
How to Register Your Device:
- Go to the Philips Respironics Recall Registration Link: Click Here
- At the bottom of the page, select “I am a Patient/Device User/Caregiver”
- Select your country
- Click “Next”
- Follow the steps for registering your device
*Note*: You can also call 877-907-7508 to register your device. However, be warned that wait times are excessive, so it is recommended to register online whenever possible.
Quality DME suggests that you complete the registration process as soon as possible to ensure the timely processing of your recall request. Many other DME providers are still scrambling to inform their patients of this news, so we are hopeful that our patients will be ahead of the curve and able to participate in the first wave of recall requests.
In the meantime, Quality DME will continue to inform you through our Emergency Newsletters as new information becomes available. If you need assistance or guidance, you may continue sending all recall-related inquiries to email@example.com. We will stay on top of all the latest news and developments and will share any important updates on the recall as the situation progresses.
Sincerely, Mike Austin
President, Quality DME, Inc.
Copyright © 2021 Quality DME, Inc., All rights reserved.